Padmasambhava Lhakhang

5 kms north of the district headquarter and 500m north of Tamshing lhakhang on a hill 100 m above the left bank of the Chamkhar river, opposite Dawathang lhakhang.

Padmasambhava Lhakhang was erected on one of Guru Rinpoche’s meditation sites, was founded by Pema Lingpa in 1490 and its name at that time was Dekyiling. It was restored by the junior wife of the Second King, Ashi Pema Dechen, in the 1950s and underwent further renovation in the mid-2000s.

Architectural style/school and related art works
The temple resembles a large house and has a golden pinnacle. There is a statue of Guru Rimpoche and a bodily print of Guru on the rock

Social cultural function
It is a pilgrimage site and the caretaker is from the house next to the temple.

(Click on the Thumbnails to view the Photo Gallery)